|GATE 2017 Online Application Procedure|
How to Prepare for GATE Exam 2017
- Have a glance at the latest GATE 2017 syllabus and go through each and every single topic of each subject carefully.
- Take note that you have to check only the syllabus of the subject or paper you have chosen for.
- Refer to previous years’ question papers as it will largely help you to get idea of the designing of the questions.
- GATE question papers are designed by highly seasoned professors from top institutes or universities and hence it is advisable to study some standard books available from reputed publications like Tata McGraw-Hill or TMH, Wiley, Prentice-Hall of India etc.
- Check out the topics in which you are weak and in which you are strong. Allocate your time of study on these topics accordingly.
- Start your preparation with basic studies like definitions, units and dimensions and then proceed with your particular subject’s theoretical portion. Prepare for your specific subject’s numerical portion.
- Practicing GATE question papers or questions from study guides is very signification as practice will give your command over solving questions in terms of time as well accuracy.
- Also try to solve and practice model papers along with the previous year or old GATE question papers.
- Keep your preparation time as lengthy as 4-6 months if you are aspiring for admissions into IITs or IISC.
- A problem can have different ways to its solution. Practicing will make you discover innovative and less time consuming ways to solve the questions which will prove very beneficial to you.
- Try to read useful articles on GATE 2017 syllabus and GATE 2017 tips and guidelines for GATE exam while online.
- If it is too difficult to solve the problem, re-look the method and use different approach to the solution.