Friday, 23 December 2016

GATE 2017 Syllabus , Exam Pattern | Paper Codes

GATE 2017 Syllabus ,Exam Pattern, Paper Codes :- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 is scheduled to be conducted in January and February 2017 and aspiring students will be soon looking for GATE 2017 syllabus, exam pattern, number of questions, exam dates and many other details pertaining to GATE exams. Since the online applications are starting very soon, we are updating the aspiring students or applicants of GATE to the syllabus of different papers of GATE 2017 and the exam patterns and other details. GATE examination is conducted for various categories and the top categories are AE, CE, CH, CS, AG, BT, EE, EC, ME, MN etc. The syllabus of many of the GATE 2017 papers has been revised and will be different from the syllabus of GATE 2017. Hence we recommend students to download the revised GATE 2017 syllabus from the link given in this post. The captioned links will lead students to the official page of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore for Syllabus of GATE 2017, which is the organizing institute this year.

GATE 2016 Syllabus
gate 2017

GATE 2017 Syllabus

Click here to download gate 2017 syllabus by clicking on the GATE paper or subject for which you require the syllabus:
The GATE 2017 Syllabus will be based upon the various disciplines studied in the qualifying exam. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore has announced that there will be 23 papers in GATE 2017 syllabus instead of 22 papers in GATE 2017. Moreover, the syllabus will also be bit different than the previous syllabus for some of the papers og GATE 2017. Any candidate can apply for only one of the 23 GATE 2017 papers given in our table of paper codes. Hence candidates should check the admission criteria of particular institute in which he/she wishes to seek admission. 

GATE Exam 2017 Pattern

Here is an overview of exam pattern of General Aptitude Test for Engineering 2017. All the GATE 2017 papers will be comprised of 65 questions carrying total 100 marks. 10 questions will carrying total 15 marks will be from GA (General Aptitude). For the GATE papers AE, AG, CE, BT, CS, CH, EC, IN, EE, ME, MT, MN, PI, PE, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry 15% of the total marks, the GA – General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% will be devoted to the subject.

While the GATE papers AR, EY, CY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the GA – General Aptitude will carry 15% of the total marks, the remaining 85% will be devoted to the subject.

Types of Questions for GATE 2017 Exam:
  1. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)  - 1 to 2 marks each in all papers and all sections.
  2. Numerical Answer Questions – 1 to 2 marks

Negative Marking in GATE 2017

GATE 2017 exam patter involves negative marking. Form multiple choice question carrying 1 mark, 1/3rd mark will be deducted for wrong answer. Similarly for multiple choice questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3rd marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
Negative marking does not imply for the numerical answer questions.
Must Check Gate 2017 Registration

GATE 2017 Paper Codes

Here are the paper codes for each subject of GATE 2017 syllabus, wherein PE – Petroleum Engineering is the new addition this year.

GATE Papers

Aerospace Engineering
Geology and Geophysics
Agricultural Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Architecture and Planning
Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mining Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Computer Science and Information Technology
Petroleum Engineering
Production and Industrial Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Electrical Engineering
Engineering Sciences
Ecology and Evolution
Life Sciences

GATE is conducted jointly annually by the seven zonal IITs and IISc, Bangalore on behalf of government of India. The GATE scores will be used for benchmarking students for admissions to post graduate programs in reputed institutes and also financial assistance by government. GATE results are also considered by Indian PSUs during recruitment process for the entry level engineers.

GATE 2017 syllabus will provide critical assistance to students who are aspiring for this top level engineering entrance exam which is a gateway to the admissions into the IITs and IISc. In GATE 2017 syllabus, the new subject of Petroleum Engineering (PE ) has been added which has made the total number of GATE papers to 23 instead of 22. Moreover candidates will not be allowed to carry physical calculators as online virtual calculators will be provided to the examinees. Beside GATE 2017 Syllabus, we have also uploaded other significant posts like GATE 2017 results, GATE registration and GATE 2017 exam Dates
Keep on visiting our site for more updates on GATE 2017 .


Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.